Klinikum Stuttgart – state-of-the-art medicine for patients from all over the world
Klinikum Stuttgart is one of Germany’s largest modern hospitals. More than 50 clinics and institutes organized in eleven medical centres provide all specialties and a broad range of medical services. Our renowned specialists and highly competent nursing teams work hand in hand for the benefit of our patients and guarantee state-of-the-art medicine and individual care for each patient.
Excellent care and support
Every year, more than 84,000 inpatients and 400,000 outpatients are treated in Klinikum Stuttgart. Furthermore, we are extremely experienced in receiving patients from all nationalities and cultures. Our major specialties include paediatric oncology, haematology and immunology as well as oral, maxillofacial and plastic surgery. The dedicated team of our International Unit will be happy to help you in any possible way – from managing visa and travel arrangements for you and your family to organizing trips in the vibrant metropolis of Stuttgart and the charming surrounding valleys and mountains.
First-rate treatment for your children – paediatric oncology, haematology and immunology
Our unit provides in- and outpatient treatment for children and adolescents suffering from any form of cancer as well as for those with diseases of the blood or immunodeficiencies. As one of the largest specialized paediatric haematology & oncology units nationwide, we are able to provide access to all aspects of care for this population. Cancers treated include leukaemias, lymphomas, brain tumors, sarcomas and embryonal tumours (blastomas), as well as others.
Our special expertise in the field of sarcomas, cancers of bone and soft-tissue, has earned us a global reputation, as evidenced by leading positions in national and international societies and consortia as well as by multiple publications in scientific journals. Both the osteosarcoma (bone cancer) and the soft tissue sarcoma study and competence centres of our national German paediatric haematology and oncology society have been awarded to our unit.
Distinguished treatments and procedures
- Paediatric oncology: state of the art diagnosis and therapy of the entire spectrum of malignant and benign tumours, with a special reputation for the treatment of sarcomas
- Interdisciplinary paediatric-oncologic tumour conferences
- Paediatric haematology: diagnostics and therapy of all benign and malignant disorders of the blood
- Paediatric haemostaseology: state of the art diagnosis and therapy of coagulation disorders
- Paediatric immunology: state of the art diagnosis and therapy of congenital and acquired immune deficiencies
- Autologous stem cell apheresis and therapy (special experience with stem cell separation and therapy in infants)
- Innovative drug therapy in the context of the ITCC Consortium
- Recognition as certified Centre of integrated Oncology and Palliative Care by the European Society of Medical Oncology
Clinic for Maxillofacial Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Implant Centre – individualised treatment by our team of experts
Our clinic is Germany’s largest non-university based special clinic for oral and maxillofacial surgery, offering state-of-the-art procedures and maximum care. Furthermore, we were appointed to be a “Centre of Excellence” by the International Team of Implantology (ITI).
One of our specialties is the operative reconstruction of high-grade reductions of maxillary bone as a consequence of the loss of natural teeth. Our aim is to provide our patients with the ability to chew and to speak and to grant them an aesthetical appearance of their face by the aid of implants.
In our head centre, we mostly treat accident victims with severe injuries as well as patients with tumours or congenital malformations (e.g. lip or maxillary gaps, cleft palate). We are further specialised in the treatment of patients with complicated jaw abnormalities and malocclusions which require complex corrections of their jaw alignment. These sophisticated procedures are performed using the most advanced computer, navigation and operating technologies.
Specialised treatments and procedures
- Congenital and acquired deformities of the jaw and face
- Lip, jaw, palate and cranial stenosis
- Correction of jaw alignment
- Microsurgical tissue replacement
- Laser surgery
- Alveolar ridge augmentation and dental implantology (dental root implants)
- Craniofacial traumatology
- Tumor diseases of the jaw and face
- Dental alveolar surgery
- Dental surgery for high risk patients
- Navigated surgery and implantology
- Endoscopic treatment of jaw joint fractures
- Craniostenosis surgery and LeFort 3 midfacial osteotomy
- Distraction osteogenesis
- Microsurgical tissue transfer with microscopically-guided quality control of anastomoses via fluorescence angiography
Our specialists for your wellbeing
Prof. Stefan Bielack, MD – our expert for paediatric haematology and oncology
- Medical director in the Centre for Paediatric Medicine
- Head of the Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology, Immunology
- Member of the board of the International Society for Pediatric Oncology – Europe SIOPE and the Southern German Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine SGKJ
Prof. Dieter Weingart, MD – our expert for maxillofacial surgery, plastic surgery and implants
- Medical Centre Director of the Head Centre
- Medical Director of the Clinic for Maxillofacial Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Implant Centre
- Honorary Fellow and former president of the International Team for Implantology ITI
Welcome to Stuttgart – Germany’s high-tech location
High-tech from Stuttgart is highly esteemed all over the world. Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Bosch and other global players helped build Stuttgart's reputation as “the automotive capital of Germany”. The city is one of Germany's most innovative and commercially successful regions – and also one of the greenest cities in Europe.
Stuttgart is located in the middle of vineyards and forests – and nature does not stop at the city limits. There are numerous parks and islands of greenery in the downtown area. With more than 1,000 species of animals, Stuttgart’s “Wilhelma” is one of the zoos with the greatest variety of species worldwide.
The city also has plenty to offer in terms of cultural events. The internationally renowned ballet and opera, numerous small and large theaters, and two popular musical theaters attract visitors with a wide variety of programs.
Numerous high-class hotels with luxurious suites and splendid spa areas offer great accommodation for the families of our international patients. The team of our International Unit will be pleased to assist in planning the stay in Stuttgart.
In and about Stuttgart
- Mercedes-Benz Museum
- Porsche Museum
- Mercedes-Benz Arena
- Football: VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga and Champions League)
- Music events
- Wilhelma Zoo
- Stuttgart Opera
- Königstraße (shopping)
High-class facilities and departments:
- Centre for implantology
- Centre for craniofacial surgery and cleft palate centre
- Special outpatient department: dysgnathia, oncological diseases, myoarthropathy
Child-oriented offers and facilities
- Dedicated paediatric Haematology/-oncology ward, outpatient clinic and day clinic
- Playrooms and in hospital room support by dedicated childcare staff
- Multiprofessional psycho-social team
- Model project HOPPS (Häusliche Onkologische Pädiatrische Pflege Stuttgart – Paediatric Oncological Home Care Stuttgart)
Excellent service for our international patients
Our International Unit, including several interpreters, is highly experienced in assisting patients from all over the world. We respect the culture and specific needs of our international patients and do our very best to make their stay in our clinic as comfortable as possible. Among other things, they can choose between different menus and they are cordially invited to use our Rooms of Silence for their prayers. No matter what our patients need – our dedicated team is always happy to help.
Our special offers for international patients:
- Interpretation service
- Assistance for visa and other travel arrangements
- Arrangement of accommodation for patients and their families
- Individual menus
- Prayer room
Local international airports
Stuttgart Airport - approximate distance to the clinic 20 minutes
Frankfurt Airport - approximate distance to the clinic 1 hour 30 minutes
Munich Airport - approximate distance to the clinic 2 hour 30 minutes
Airport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg - approximate distance to the clinic 2 hour 30 minutes